Friday, October 29, 2004

Poland

- One of the best memory through my life is that I had stayed in Poland. After I graduated from college in USA, my Polish friend, who was a classmate at English Language School, asked me to come to her country for 2 months. At first, I was confused, because I have never thought I would visit Poland. But it would be the only chance to go to Poland in my life, so I decided to visit Poland.

- I left Chicago for Poznan where my friend lives.

Poznan in 1999 Posted by Hello

When I arrived there, I was surprised that nobody but my friend could speak English, so I had hard time to communicate with her family !! Only I could do was to learn some Polish language. As a result, I remember some Polish words, and number, so I could buy what I wanted at the store. My friend was so surprised at my quick learning. You have to know that most people don't understand English at all in my friend's hometown, so they speak only Polish to anyone. It doesn't matter if you don't understand what they say. If you go to Warsaw, many people can understand English.

- The most interesting memory was that I was like Hollywood Star. In Poznan, there was no Asian people in the town, and they hardly see Asian people in their lives, so when I was walking on the street, everyone, I say Everyone!! stared at me. I am not kidding now. For example, when I went into restaurant, all waiters & waitress stop working, and stared me!! I don't say it was racism. They just don't know Asian people, and were surprised that they just saw Asian people. Funny, right??

- While I was there for 2 months, my friend took me to many places around Poland. My favorite place was Marbork Castle that was a very huge castle in the northern area. I was really surprised how big the castle was, and had good time there.

Marbolk Posted by Hello

- My favorite town was Gdansk . At night, the city became very beautiful even though it was beautiful enough during the day.

Gdansk Posted by Hello

- Krakow was also good. I enjoyed the hisrotrical town known as the world heritage with my friends.

Krakow with my friends Posted by Hello

- I really got many of good memories for 2 months, so next year, I visited Poland again for 4 days before going to Athens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home