Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 1 in Hiroshima

It took only 90 min to Hiroshima from Osaka by Bullet Train called as Nozimi.


My main purpose of this trip was to see Miyajima that was the island in Hiroshima area,
so I went to Miyajima before going to the city of Hiroshima.
I got on the ship, and it brought me to Miyajima quickly.

It has been almost 20 years since I came to this island before.
I really enjoyed the mood of this island, so I decided to come here again.
The famous shrine called as Itsukushima Shrine has always good looking.
This Shrine is located on the sea!!


You can read good explanation about this shrine on Miyajima Official website.
-Miyajima website

Itsukushima Shrine is known for the unique and bold concept of being built in the sea as well as its elegant architectural style called “Shinden Zukuri”.
It is said to have been first built in 593,
and the present shrine pavilions were constructed in 1168.
The vermilion-painted main building creates a beautiful contrast with the blue sea and green mountains; when the tide comes in, the shrine looks as if it is floating on the sea. This historical piece of cultural heritage stands in perfect harmony with its natural surroundings.


In fact, I could really have great time here.
This shrine was much more beautiful than I expected.


3 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 8:42 AM, Blogger Dave2 said...

I have wanted to go many times myself, but have never made it. Perhaps my next trip to Japan? I hope so!!

 
At August 23, 2007 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miyajima is without a doubt one of the more scenic and peaceful places in the world. Very nice pictures. :)

 
At August 23, 2007 9:05 PM, Blogger Kimono said...

Yes, Miyajima was really nice.
I was thinking how they made this shrine at that time. I can easily guess it was so hard to build this shrine on the sea !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home