Sunday, December 17, 2006

Macau in 2006

I did a day trip to Macau by Turbo Ferry from the central of Hong Kong.
It took about 40 min, but Macau was totally different world from Hong Kong.

Macau is now in China, but we need to write entry card to enter Macau with Passport.
They have their own currency,too.
But I could use Hong Kong dollar in Macau though they gave me change by Macau pataca.

The historical area of Macau was chosen as the world heritage in 2005,
so it was my main reason to visit Macau at this time.

This is Macau's famous landmark.





It was a very hot day, but I walked around the historical area.





Believe or not, Macau is now No.1 gambling city over Las Vegas.
I saw many of huge gambling hotel, and there were many hotels along the sea that were being built now.
I can not imagine how big Macau would be after a couple years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home